Saturday, January 31, 2009

Healing with time, is like watching paint dry

This past week has been pretty good, even with the bad things that have happened. I guess you can call me an optimist, but I tend to see the good things in a situation before I will even acknowledge the bad things. Aaron's little brother got put in the hospital last week, and this past Tuesday they moved him up to Birmingham to see if they could figure out what's going on up there. So Tuesday after school Aaron, his dad and I all drove up to see him and his mom. Despite how the situation seems, I think it could be a positive thing. They are more equipped to work with kids there, and since he's only 10, they are more likely to figure out what's wrong. They are also going to try to take him off of some of his medications, so maybe he wont have to take 20 a day.
In other news, I did lose my job, and I'm not at all sorry about it. Yes, the money was good, but I was miserable there, and my punishment for not going in on Sunday was to work doubles every Sunday in February, not ask off any shifts, or trade any shifts. This didn't seem fair, and there is too much going on this month for me to not ask any days off, so I quit/got fired. Hopefully a better job will come along, that doesn't involve food, but with the economy the way it is, it's not likely to happen.
My grandfather's 89th birthday was yesterday, and we had a party for him. He is the most amazing person I have ever meet, and my favorite person in the world. He, along with Aaron's little brother, is my hero. Even though he is 89, he still is in great health, and driving. He was a carpenter for years, and is always talking to the contractors working on our house, making sure they do a good job. I love him more than I can ever hope to express, and he is such and inspiration to me.

Homecoming is next Thursday, and I still haven't found a suit for Homecoming Court. I really need to get on that...

1 comment:

  1. I too lost my job. I got laid off and it sucks. There anit to many jobs out there but some thing will come along, so hang in there.

    ReplyDelete