Monday, January 19, 2009

One more step and you're falling through

So I was watching The Notebook yesterday and it got me thinking about a lot of things. The first one was, I wish I was alive in the 1940's. Things were so different then, much more simple, and people were more straightforward about everything. And the style was awesome, can't forget that one. It also got me thinking about love, and true love, and the decisions we make because of it. I want to find that true love, the one person I know I would be with forever. I believe fully in true love, and that there is one person that God has put on this earth for you that you are meant to be with, but I also believe that we are compatible with many people, and that we can love them as well, but that they are not the person we are meant to be with. I'm not always honest about my feelings, growing up that wasn't really something I was taught, and I'm really good at not letting anyone know if something is wrong. I've always handled things on my own, and been the one that other people come to with their problems asking for advice. While I love to talk to other people and help them with their problems, sometimes it drives me crazy how petty their worries are. Not that some of them are real and very serious, it's just some are not. Anyways, I've never really been able to express how I feel about someone, weather a boyfriend or just telling my best friend how much she means to me and how blessed I am to have her in my life. With all that being said, I want a love like the one in The Notebook, and yes that sounds cheesy, but it's true. I want someone who would wait for me, love me unconditionally, be real with me, and really want to know how I feel and what I love. I think that relationships now are mostly fake and for show. They're empty and void of any real meaning, and sadly I've been in that kind of relationship. These kinds of relationships only end in hurt, and it's kind of like practicing divorce. You start dating one person, you get close to them, then you realize you don't want to be with them for one reason or another, so you break up, and move on to the next person. If you get into the habit of bailing when things get difficult, what do you think you're going to do after you get married and things are rough? You're going to bail, because that's what you're used to, and sadly that happens more often than not, and I know how that is firsthand. My parents were married to each other and divorced three times, and my older sister has been divorced twice. This terrifies me, and it makes me hold back my feelings, which may be a good thing most of the time. If we took our relationships more seriously and didn't just "jump into things" with someone, there would be so many less broken hearts. And if you think about it, we are going to marry someone that we date, so shouldn't we really be more thoughtful about who we date to begin with?

1 comment:

  1. If you get into the habit of bailing when things get difficult, what do you think you're going to do after you get married and things are rough? You're going to bail, because that's what you're used to....

    amen. that's so so true, aly. that's why we should be really careful about who we date and how much of ourselves we put into relationships. i love you. <3

    ReplyDelete